Intro sub-header

Honest and True emotion is what comes out of me in this blog. It's a must that I express myself, who I am, my love, happiness, sadness, anger, and what I don't understand. Oh yea, even poems, short stories and random questions. I was asking myself why did I ever stop writing. Honestly I have no idea why but I do know why I must start now because I need to have an outlet to my thoughts. Also a new hobby while I'm on maternity leave for the next year...Enjoy

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

When I looked at myself in the mirror today, what was the first things I thought?

The first thing that came to mind was uh, OMG I need to get rid of this morning breath. Soon after taking care of my morning rituals of beauty. I start to coach myself into a wonderful day. Yep that's right, a wonderful day. I shout to the mirror trying to stay focus without laughing because my serious face looks really Sci-fi. I yell you are beautiful, regardless of that tiny pimple which will be huge my noon. Your a Lucky woman to have a man that loves you for you and a beautiful son that adores your silly faces. Then I got sidetrack because I left toothpaste in the sink, so I began cleaning like a Pine-Sol spokesman. Anyways, I began tiding my hair putting every loc back in place because as usual with an four month old I get as little sleep as possible. Well now that my hair is fine, just too cute ( kisses your a cutie pie) lol. Fresh breath CHECK, pep talk CHECK, locs are in place CHECK, and now what...? I become serious and take time to enjoy whom is staring back at me in the mirror. I needed myself to know that everything is going to be okay no matter what. I encourage myself by saying that I've made it this far as being a first-time mother and my kid is still alive so I'm doing something right. I just stare deep in my eyes, wondering what will be stored up for tomorrow? I'm free to express what I see in the mirror regardless if I'm having a good day or bad day. I shake the morning jitters off, blow myself a kiss as my son cries for his morning feeding. Let the games began....

No comments:

Post a Comment