Intro sub-header

Honest and True emotion is what comes out of me in this blog. It's a must that I express myself, who I am, my love, happiness, sadness, anger, and what I don't understand. Oh yea, even poems, short stories and random questions. I was asking myself why did I ever stop writing. Honestly I have no idea why but I do know why I must start now because I need to have an outlet to my thoughts. Also a new hobby while I'm on maternity leave for the next year...Enjoy

Saturday, September 25, 2010

TGIW...Thank God it's Wireless

So as of yesterday (6am)... A log trucker was bring in his normal trailer, when he some how took down three light poles. He was about to deliver his load to the International Paper Mill (Georgetown, SC) located near the Maryville Bridge. When this occurred he took out the cable/telephone/Internet service to about a third of the city whom have service with this company. The City of Georgetown is trying their best to fix this problem.

I've been so happy for wireless because I have been wacthing old episode of House on YouTube. Also have been chatting on Skype with some friends. This has really put an damper on the City of Georgetown because we are a very small town. The most excitement is a trip to the local Super Wal-Mart without having to drive forty-five minutes to Myrtle Beach for some fun. Those of you that are from a small Moms/Papas areas you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyhoo, later today my Fiance and I took our son for a walk when noticed there was a Block Party for Christ. A Youth Smack down...Taking it to the streets hosted by Pastor Jonnie Mae Tisdale. An event to outreach to the children of the city, to let them know that Christ loves them no matter what. A very positive event,  with gospel music, TDK mime group ( 3 young men in Christ), food, prizes, and even Positive local role models. Some police offices from the city came to spread the word of the reality if the law is broken. Stressing stay in school and saying no to drugs by using a clever slogan to "Cross the street."
  1. You must stop an realize that this is a wrong decision by allowing this person to influence you
  2. Look at the person, confirming that you could presented yourself just like them
  3. Listen how sweet the person is phasing his words to pressure you in to taking
  4. Proceed to cross the street, Knowing that you made the right choice to Say No
Likwuid, was the special guess of the evening. She is a beautiful person inside and out for taking her time out to share her passion of music with us. Giving us a short description of what it takes to be in the music industry. She performed a few of her hits from her album " Gummy bears & Champagne" which was speechless. The message was a positive rap but entertaining at the same time. She was very down to earth I'm just sad I couldn't get a chance to talk to her or get a picture for my blog. (just alittle tied up with my son) Of course I still enjoyed myself.  So if you have never heard of her please go and take a few minutes to check out her website http://iamlikwuid.com/  you will become a fan just as fast as I did. Please go...

Soon after their was a pastor that gave an awesome sermon to encourage the youth of the city but the adult could also relate and use it for themselves. The sermon was "Its not going down like that" in a nutshell telling the Devil/Satan what have you.. that just because I have you've knock me down  before in life, I still have one fight left in me. So you guessed it that "Its not going down like that", also stressing that you can continue to fight back by coming to church just the way you are. Fighting him back by reading your bible, praying, fasting(surrendering something to God), and pure dedication to Christ asking for forgiveness. The message was awesome, the pastor himself was  twenty-nine years old, having him to bring the sermon to us was evening more uplifting. Letting the youth know that its OK to Love God and be young at the same time.

I just had a blast and to think all this came about because I had no cable/Internet/phone. It might sound weird to some but I'm glad that the City of Georgetown could not fix the problem today. We absolutely enjoyed ourselves had a full stomach with good ole' BBQ, fun outside of church and I even one a prize. For those that live in Georgetown and did not come out you have truly missed out on a treat. I have put some pictures below of us out there. I was having to much fun to really take pictures for the blog. I pray that you were touched by this entry and hope maybe something like a Youth Smack down will come to you but will out the since of taking out three light poles to get you to go outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment