Intro sub-header

Honest and True emotion is what comes out of me in this blog. It's a must that I express myself, who I am, my love, happiness, sadness, anger, and what I don't understand. Oh yea, even poems, short stories and random questions. I was asking myself why did I ever stop writing. Honestly I have no idea why but I do know why I must start now because I need to have an outlet to my thoughts. Also a new hobby while I'm on maternity leave for the next year...Enjoy

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ryan's the Lunch... Review

Think about it... I am so hungry can't wait to eat. I've been cleaning up all day even went to the Church did a little cleaning there. I have worked up a huge appetite, just driving down the road on my way to the biggest meal of the day. I have arrived at my destinations with time to spare (for the lunch price LOL). I am super happy because I paid for the lunch price but I am able to eat the dinner option because the lunch and dinner shifts are changing. Steak baby oh yea... I am looking around the dining room to see where would be the best seat to see everyone but very accessible to the food.

Hello, I greet my server as she says hello and checks my ticket.  I proceed to answer her question Yes I would love some hot dinner rolls, please. I reach in my handbag for some sanitizer for my hands. All ready for the biggest meal of the day, I nod to agree with my fiance to pray over the meal soon to come. Once the prayer is completed, he allows me to get my plate first and he stays to wacth over our sleeping little prince.

I am truly excited, I grab a plate from the stack of plates and canvas the bar to see whats there to pick. I got some fluffy white mashed potatoes with dark brown gravy, bright yellowish/orange mac-n-cheese, not to forget the rich green beans (you know for color). Went to sit down to get my grub on and allow my mans to get his plate. I am by now digging in this food hard, Tony(my mans) comes back with those mac-n-cheese, green beans and two huge fried chicken breast. I told him babes something looks funny about the chicken. The chicken had two different skin colors as if the chicken had been fried at one time during the day and then they took the chicken that was left over from earlier cooked it again.

I am super mad by now because I am just over restaurants being nasty, cheap and having no clue about customer service. He was mad also, but him being a REAL HUNGRY MAN you know he ate it anyway. We took turns going back and forth because we paid so we ate the food. Dessert time I went to get some apple pie with ice cream... FOUND IT!!! It was hot with the apples oozing out from the crust. I kept saying to myself YEP THEY DID THIS RIGHT. I turned the corner to the ice cream dispenser. Poured some vanilla ice cream in the bowl next to the apple pie.

Walking away I grabbed a spoon from the silverware station to find a dirt spoon on the first try. (Someone isn't polishing their fair share before and after their shift). I grabbed the second one hoping not to be disappointed. I sat down to enjoy this soon to be tasty treat. I took a bite it was burnt. The horrible taste of reheating or allowing the pie to over cook.
By this time I am mad...I am completely through this particular establishment. Tony and I vent on the situation a few minutes more. We gather our things and we left...
So if you are every in the Georgetown area and you are hungry think twice about stopping in to Ryan's on Frasier st...

No comments:

Post a Comment